Raising children with good mental and physical abilities is very important in today’s fast-paced world.
When children learn to listen to themselves through creative activities, they begin to look at ways of learning in a new and imaginative manner.
In recent years, technological advancements have enabled the establishment of online worlds and communities for children to explore, design, and share.
Sandbox games, in particular, stimulate creativity while also teaching youngsters self-direction, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Sandbox games, rather than focusing on linear gameplay and the requirement to complete levels, allow players to freely explore and build environments.
Roblox and Minecraft are both very popular Sandbox games that feature blocky graphics.
The discussion between Roblox and Minecraft has been furious for years.
Now the main debate here is which one of them is better for youngsters? Let’s understand the benefits of both games!
Similarities Between Roblox and Minecraft
On the surface, the two games have similar colorful and blocky graphics.
Both games are aimed at the same demographics, which include children and members of the younger age.
The sandbox concept is used in both Minecraft and Roblox, this implies that instead of competing with other players or aiming to complete stages of play with a set quantity of acquired things or points, players can utilize their imaginations and creativity to create a world within the game.
There is no predetermined storyline in either game, but they can participate in in-world activities to earn valuable things or share their experiences with other players.
Both games emphasize distinct experiences that make them interesting. With open-world mechanics, players are virtually limitless in their exploration.
Roblox Vs. Minecraft: Comparison
Surprisingly, Minecraft and Roblox are the opposites when it comes to Gameplay.
While Minecraft is excellent for solo play, Roblox has a wider range of mini-games and multiplayer options.
- In Minecraft, the whole experience is supposed to be played solo and hence the interaction with other players is minimal, if at all
- Minecraft offers you 4 modes: survival, adventure, creative, and hardcore. You can also change the game’s difficulty manually to make it more challenging or less difficult
- Minecraft games are created by a team of skilled developers and content creators, therefore have high quality
On the other hand,
- Roblox is more of a complete gaming engine than just a single standalone game. The majority of games in Roblox are multiplayer interactive. Players can play almost endless types of games such as shooters, crime games, puzzles, and more
- Roblox has the advantage of developing new content continuously. New game modules are being created every day by the gaming community. The quality and mode of the game differ from one creator to another
- The potential to let your child craft an experience for other players is unique to Roblox
Pricing plays a key role in the comparison between Minecraft and Roblox. Let’s look at the cost of Minecraft:
- Minecraft is a premium game, there’s the original Java Edition for Mac and Windows (costs $26.95), while the Bedrock Edition is what you’ll play on mobile ($6.99) and consoles ($19.99)
- Once you subscribe, all subsequent upgrades are free, so you can enjoy the game indefinitely
On the other hand,
- Roblox offers a free version that can be used on all devices, making it more accessible for new players to try out some games
- To truly experience everything Roblox offers a Premium subscription costing between $4.99 and $19.99 a month
- For new games and updates, players are more likely to spend more on Roblox than Minecraft in long run, since all the microtransactions stack up
Minecraft can be completely enjoyed in single-player mode, and the game is built around it.
This can protect children from being exposed to the internet’s “toxic” side. Roblox games are more difficult to govern due to their diversity.
Furthermore, the majority of them are multiplayer games. These two factors may expose younger children to more violence or even uncensored content.
Parental control has been introduced by Roblox’s developer, however, it isn’t very effective.
In general, Minecraft is a safer game for kids, however parents of kids playing Roblox should use age-restricted mode or similar settings to keep their kids away from inappropriate content.
There is a huge craze all around the world for both Minecraft and Roblox. Overall to date, Roblox has proved to be more popular than Minecraft.
On average, Roblox has 40 million more players per month than Minecraft on a global scale. Check out the monthly players to date on Minecraft and Roblox below.
Overall, both the games are fun and have their pros and cons. But when it comes to choosing the best for your kids, Minecraft is a safer and a better choice.
Talking about the parameters discussed above Minecraft offers high quality and polished content, it also offers a good number of games and updates for decent pricing, and adding good parental controls makes it the best pick for your child.
Learn coding at BrightChamps through Minecraft and Roblox with our specially designed curriculum that makes learning programming easy for students in Grade 1-12. BrightChamps also teaches a variety of other programs that help kids build a foundation in computer programming through activities, assignments, and other means.